Regards,
Srinivasu Chakravarthula | Informatica | @CSrinivasu
Sent from my iPhone

On 24-Jan-2017, at 15:31, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com<mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com>> wrote:

Apologies, I'll be travelling.

Please note I did update my survey comment with a suggestion for those who don't want any change to current SCs:

For John & Makoto - I agree with being backwards compatible, however, I don't think we can make a coherent document and add new requirements, without some editing of the current SCs (and numbering). We should be able to add & increase in a backwards compatible way.

For safety, what if we make a statement at the top of WCAG 2.1 that says something like: "Any site meeting WCAG 2.1 should automatically meet WCAG 2.0. If you find any instance where this is not the case, please get in touch and it will be corrected."

I.e. trying to provide a safety net in case an edit has an unintended consequence.

Cheers,

-Alastair

From: Joshue O Connor <josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>>
Date: Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 09:46
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org<mailto:w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>>
Subject: WCAG meeting January 24, 2017

*Apologies for late agend - we are meeting today*

The WCAG WG will be meeting on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 11AM Eastern US (Length: up to 90 minutes).

Please reply with regrets to the list.
Scribe list: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List
IRC: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org><http://irc.w3.org>  port: 6665 channel #wai-wcag

Agenda:

1. Charter Update/Discussion
2. Survey item 'Proposal for modifying existing SC'  https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/ModifySCs/
3. Continued update from SC managers
4. Virtual F2F:  Date TBD

To connect to the meeting:
Join WebEx meeting (https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m064eab3e5485b640231a7fe56dc4785c)
Meeting number:            642 418 206
Meeting password:         Find in the irc meeting room header if you don't know it

or

Join by phone
+1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number
Access code: 642 418 206