Re: Mechanism Disclaimer

When this SC was written - it was expected that the author WOULD provide a mechanism.    For example — links the jumped over nav to the content.

It is ok to assume that features in browsers would provide the solution — IF common - free browsers do in fact provide that mechanism.

It is ok to make assumptions about AT if it is true of most AT.

No SC should be worded with any USER expectations in them since there is no way for an author to assume something about all users.

So  “the user can…” is not good language.  There is no way for an author to know if the ‘user can’
but
“ a mechanism is available to the user that…. “  is OK.
or
“ a mechanism is available that allows the user to… “  is ok

Best

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu