Re: requirement 8

My head is spinning…

> Now, if we look at the statement as talking about the introduction of requirements in WCAG at a level basis I think that the main issue is that bringing one of the requirements from 2.0 which builds on a lower-level requirement may introduce redundancy.

trying to parse this.       can you give an example of what you mean ?  or say in other words?

> This seems to be possible with 1.4.6, 1.4.8, 1.4.9, 2.1.3, 2.3.2, 2.4.9, 3.3.6 (7 SC) - not all of these changes have been proposed.

> Four of the seven SC are simply removing an exception in the A/AA criteria: 1.4.9, 2.1.3, 2.3.2, 3.3.6

I will have to look at these. In general I would be very cautious about removing exceptions.   Often they were the only reason an SC could pass (be generally applicable — or be acceptable)

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu