Re: requirement 8

you can do that — but I’m not sure you need to.

If you change the level — the SC is not required at the new level when it was not required at that level before.  Hence #8 does not apply.
(PS we already have at least one example of this in WCAG 2.0.    There is already overlap between levels.   You just don’t want overlap on the same level — or a requirement at a lower level that is already covered by a higher level)

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu