Re: CJK Letters some questions so I can compute font family sizes.

Hi Wayne,

I'll just cover Chinese. Each Chinese character "fills" a square of the
same size, regardless how complex it is. ("Same size" obviously varies
with font size.)
As far as I know, the characters don't change depending on text
orientation, i.e. left-to-right versus top-to-bottom.
Fonts for Chinese can vary a bit in how much they look like characters
written with a brush. For example, compare the fonts "DF Fang Song", "DF
Kai Sho" and "DF Ming" (for traditional Chinese characters) on the page