Re: CFC: Change of Content SC

> What this new content is missing is a corresponding role and is covered
by SC 4.1.2 even now.

4.1.2 covers interactive components. This is wider, covering all content,
and simpler at the same time. Requiring a summary message like the examples
in the Understanding. The Understanding can also explain those things above
the current requirements of 4.1.2

> Exception #1 to proposed SC  suggests the new content could be associated
with the trigger element. This SC would be triggered even when an error
message is placed next to a failed field and is associated say via
aria-describedby and focus is placed on the field when the form is
presented with errors...
because the error message is not associated with the submit button.

That is a programmatic association and is sufficient

> I am assuming this form has no global  message above the form like 3 errors
present / form submission failed.

The primary technique would be for an announcement that there are "x errors
on the page"

> A global message needs role=alert or aria-live=assertive.

Yes that would be a technique, however I would not recommend "assertive"
unless a house is burning down. better to use polite as per the aria spec

> Change in count of cart or  remaining characters in a text area is updated
in an element that needs role=status with aria-live=polite.

Yes

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*