Re: Alternative approach for Plain Language

I’m not sure I understand.
l followed the link but am very confused by what I land on.

Is the SC =  "Instructions describe the topic or purpose."

If so - I can’t see how any instructions could fail.   I guess you could have instructions that tell you what to do - but do not tell you what carrying out the instructions will accomplish.

The techniques could indeed be attached to the SC — but none are required to meet the SC.  I could use very complicated language to describe the topic or purpose and I would still pass.   The instructions themselves can also be complicated and pass this SC.

Am I missing something?

You say it plugs a hole regarding labels — but this doesn’t talk about labels at all.      ????

If you just want a place to hang techniques  this works — but only techniques dealing with instructions — not labels (unless you really stretch it)

confused in maryland,

apologies if I am misunderstanding this

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu <mailto:greggvan@umd.edu>