Re: Follow up from the meeting on Issue 14: timeouts

> *[Jason] Does “how long it is” include the extensions that the user can
make if the content implements 2.2.1, options 2 or 3?*

I don't think option 3 (separate SCs) is viable. Option 2 is identical to
Option 1 but no longer has the possibility of the author holding onto the
data for a day instead of notification. I don't know if "how long it is"
should include extensions or not. Sounds worthy of discussion, I brought up
that point last week on the call.

>  think the relationship of this proposal to 2.2.1 needs to be more
carefully considered, as should the extent of its supposed benefits in
light of the fact that 2.2.1 is a Level A success criterion.

I agree if this SC is put in the draft we'd need to either integrate them
or carefully explain them in the understanding or adjust SC wording after
August deadline for rough drafts of all consensus SCs. I think, given the
Working Group's self imposed time line, we should trust the COGA TF
recommendation that this is important. There are about 16 weeks before the
end of August, saying we have to study further is saying don't include it.

> [Alan] I’ve seen time limits announced that they were going to expire or
the user will be logged out due to inactivity, but I have never seen anyone
have it such that the time duration is advised or provided to a user before
they start a process.​ That may be a challenge.

Have you said that in a survey? This SC has been under consideration for
several weeks including two calls. Currently, Air Canada has an
announcement of the time remaining to fill out the travel flight tickets,
and actually has a countdown clock onscreen. I could try to ask them if
they've received any positive or negative comments about it.
​ ​

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*