From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:05 PM
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>; GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Using Markdown for Github accessibility

So would you like every comment to start with a ## level 2 heading going forward?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn

twitter.com/davidmacd<http://twitter.com/davidmacd>

GitHub<https://github.com/DavidMacDonald>

www.Can-Adapt.com<http://www.can-adapt.com/>

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com<mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com>> wrote:
There are ways that regular members of the group could help assistive technology users with Github.
The easiest way is to enable heading navigation.
H1 = # text
H2 = ## text
Etc.
Each SC has a main issue, like 78 for adaptive text. Github does not have a way to partition these into threads.
We could block these off with headings.

# To start a new item.
## to continue an item.
Then follow your message from this heading.
People who are not on AG do not need to do this, but members can.
We don't need to go back and address everything. Just start now.
When you start an new idea thread, give it an H1
# New Thread Name
When you respond to a thread give it an H2
## Continue Thread Name
Even 50% compliance would give us landmarks to shoot at.
Wayne