RE: Must "technologies being used" be in a SC's text, if that SC has support in 2 technologies?

[Jason] I think that's true in general, but when all of the non-working UAs happen to be the mobile versions, and when the working ones aren't, it somewhat curtails the user's opportunities.

> NB: Adapting text can work in a similar fashion on mobile devices (via
> bookmarklet and built in features like 'reader' in Safari). Resize content doesn't
> work in the same way on mobile, but it is the re-sizing for mobile that enables it
> to work on desktop browsers.
>
> However, this is a separate issue from the current thread on whether to use
> technology/mechanism text in the adapting text SC, which is about the
> underlying format, not the user-agent.

[Jason] I'm finding it hard to separate those issues in this case. What is it about an underlying format that would prevent the Adapting Text requirements from being supported, even if they aren't already? Rasterized images, to be sure, won't support it (I'm taking it that OCR/document recognition  isn't a viable mechanism in that case), but nobody is proposing to use a raster image format by itself to conform to WCAG.
 If we take the contingent facts about what user agents currently support out of consideration for the moment, then it seems to me that any format or combination of formats that have a chance of being used to conform to WCAG in other ways can meet the Adapting Text requirements, even if it entails adding new user agent features.
Thus it ultimately isn't, in practice, a question about the content formats.

Thank you for your compliance.