Option H Testabilty (Adapting Text SC)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:08:55 -0500
To: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hello everyone,

At yesterday's meeting it was asked what problems might be expected
for Option H [1] from overriding font family. So far we know icon
fonts  disappear.

James has shared an elegant technique to address this problem. On
Issue 78 he wrote [2],

<quote>
We use role="img" on the element which has our icon fonts. This seems
like a good idea as it lets us write our font replacement selector to
exclude them i.e.

*:not([role="img"]) {
font-family: Comic Sans MS, Georgia,'Times New Roman',serif;
}
<unquote>

I have added that to the Testabilty section of the Wiki page [3].

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Issue_78_Options#Proposal_H_at_Level:_AA
[2] https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78#issuecomment-291237796