W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

Minutes of the Silver TF teleconference of 2 December 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:29:56 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <a93faccd-d5cc-0295-4b57-648da684ecaa@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted version of the minutes:

https://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html


Text of the minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

02 Dec 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           MichaelC, jeanne, Shawn

    Regrets
           Sarah

    Chair
           jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]review responses to Stakeholder Submission -
             additional outreach needed?
          2. [5]ideas for agenda for 12 & 13 December meeting
          3. [6]create list of potential research projects needed
             (for faculty outreach)
          4. [7]confirm CSUN plans, create info blurb for CSUN
             newsletter
          5. [8]create list of potential research projects needed
             (for faculty outreach)
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      * [10]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

review responses to Stakeholder Submission - additional outreach
needed?

    JS: We have 122 responses, with a couple blank and about 4
    duplicates, so we have at least 115 responses to date.

    SL: We have stakeholders from Canada, Ireland, UK, Germany,
    Netherlands, Korea, Japan, Belize, Australia. It is still about
    75% US.

    JS: We should look for more international stakeholders. Jeanne
    will go through the list of W3C menbers and do outreach to the
    international organizations in particular.
    ... We have about 11 submissions identifying as disaiblity
    organizations. We need to do some more outreach there. We
    should go to EOWG, WCAG WG and twittersphere to look for more
    disability organizations.

ideas for agenda for 12 & 13 December meeting

    SL: People will start disbursing for the holidays. The last
    meeting will be the 20th until January.
    ... There will be one meeting after the F2F in 2016

    Goals:

    * First draft of Stakeholder that identifies gaps

    * Plan for addressing the gaps

    * Prepare support materials for faculty for January

    * Complete the high level scope of the research we need to do

    * CSUN outreach plan

    MC: * Structure of the Task Force functions
    ... * Recruiting: How many people, what outreach,

    JS: * Engaging with W3C

    MC: * Liaisons to other organizations
    ... * The AG Charter as it relates to the Silver TF
    ... * infrastructure: tools, Github, issue tracking, etc.
    ... * Staying aligned with WCAG WG

create list of potential research projects needed (for faculty
outreach)

confirm CSUN plans, create info blurb for CSUN newsletter

    JS: We have talk at CSUN on SIlver that is Thursday, 2 March at
    4:20
    ... we need to confirm a vendor room for a town hall type
    meeting on Silver.

    MC: We can also ask Adobe

    JS: Deque has also volunteered

    SL: We can also ask IBM

    MC: Outreach for the session?

    JS: In the agenda for F2F, to write up a blurb for CSUN
    organizers for the CSUN newsletter

    SL: Also being an announcement at the CSUN Tweetup

create list of potential research projects needed (for faculty
outreach)

    <Lauriat> Secondary Research from other Organizations

    <Lauriat> WCAG Analysis

    <Lauriat> Analysis of WCAG Adaptations

    <Lauriat> Literature/Article Review

    s/Secondary research/Background research

    wiki page ->
    [11]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_
    Projects

      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects

    <Lauriat> Surveys

    <Lauriat> Stakeholder interviews

    <Lauriat> Self reporting

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to flesh out the Research Projects wiki
    page in preparation for the F2F [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Flesh out the research projects
    wiki page in preparation for the f2f [on Jeanne F Spellman -
    due 2016-12-09].

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to prioritize the F2F agenda goals with
    Shawn and rough out the agenda for F2F. [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Prioritize the f2f agenda goals
    with shawn and rough out the agenda for f2f. [on Jeanne F
    Spellman - due 2016-12-09].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to flesh out the Research Projects wiki
    page in preparation for the F2F [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to prioritize the F2F agenda goals with
    Shawn and rough out the agenda for F2F. [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action01
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/02-silver-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Friday, 2 December 2016 16:30:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:07 UTC