Re: Is it 2 or 3 years that WCAG will be updated? - I thought it was approx. 3

>>The eight years from being chartered in 2000 to December 2008 when WCAG
2.0 was published was too long.

Honestly, if we had published WCAG in 2006, or sooner I would be unemployed
today and there would have been no uptake of WCAG... it simply was not
ready (1200 comments on the 2006 draft). A look back at any of those
published drafts will make it clear... or we may recall Joe Clark's famous
article.
http://alistapart.com/article/tohellwithwcag2

We went from there in 2006, to not one single formal objection in 2008, and
one of the most successful standards in history. What a difference 2 years
of hard work and humility makes.

Anyway, we have a First Public Working draft of 2.1 due in 12-15 weeks. It
will be our first major statement in 8 years... the world is watching....
are we ready?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*