Re: Colour Luminosity/Contrast for form inputs/controls/components

From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:44:58 +0000
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Josh, the low vision task force is working on one.
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Contrast_(Minimum)

Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 2, 2016, at 5:35 AM, "josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>" <josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>> wrote:

I'm looking at contrast requirements for a client regarding form controls, radio buttons etc for a client, and WCAG does not seem to specify them. It seems 'implied' that 1.4.3 is relevant and there are techniques that touch on the subject (G183, G182, G111) but nothing definitive like.

"If you have an UI component/input control, or radio button that a VIP user needs to see to select/interact with the luminosity requirements are x."

Am I missing something? Or is this something we need to address?

Thanks

Josh