RE: Coming to a decision on 2.2

+1 to Alastair’s revised working as well.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: John Foliot
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:39 PM
To: 'Alastair Campbell'; 'GLWAI Guidelines WG org'
Subject: RE: Coming to a decision on 2.2

+1 to Alistair’s revised wording.

JF

From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:09 AM
To: 'GLWAI Guidelines WG org' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

To follow up to myself (how meta), the 2.2 text sans-modification terminology could be:

2.2 Ensure that web pages which conform to WCAG 2.0 with an extension also conform to WCAG 2.0 on its own

Extension specifications are expected to offer additional guidelines and success criteria but extensions may not weaken what is required of web content. The result of this is that when a page conforms to WCAG 2.0 with an extension, it must also conform to WCAG 2.0 if the extension is not considered in the conformance review.

Example 1
• An existing success criterion may change in priority from a lower level to a higher level, but not the other way around. For example, a Level A Success Criteria cannot move to Level AA.
• A new success criterion may be added.
-Alastair