Re: In WCAG NEXT let's put a date field on failures

Jason, Sure, I do understand, "Techniques are all non-normative. Thus,
it's a matter for the content author to decide which techniques to
consult when writing or revising Web pages that conform to WCAG. Of
course, it's in their interests to review the most recent techniques
document available, but they can still conform without consulting any
techniques documents at all. If they consult an old document, apply
its techniques, and thereby conform to WCAG, they're still
conforming".

This point had been made more than once  in the long thread, "Let's
add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques   ". Yet the
subject and the first email referred in this thread still seems to
suggest documenting date against every technique is important. My
point is merely that date of the doc is good enough for anyone wanting
to reference a date for any reason.
Sailesh