Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

I think you are right - If I understand you.

There should never be a failure for not using some particular technology or technique unless there is absolutely no other was to meet the SC with any other technology under any circumstance.

Failures mean that if you do this you cannot possibly meet the SC.
Since the SC are technology independent — it is hard to have a failure due to not doing something in a particular way.

gregg