 Subject: Re: H65 updates
 To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
 Date: Friday, June 12, 2015, 6:40 AM

 Hi,

 Detlev is right. H65 was specifically created for cases
 where " the
 visual design cannot accommodate the label" (as the
 description says).
 If H65 is deleted, HTML forms can only meet SC 3.3.2 using
 visible
 labels. We should think about other ways to prevent abuse of
 H65 before
 removing it.

 Best regards,

 Christophe

 On 12/06/2015 9:36, Detlev Fischer wrote:
 > I don"t quite see the point in removing the reference
 to 3.3.2 (labels or instructions) in H65 because that is
 exactly the Success Criterion that the technique relates to.
 The critical bit is the qualification in H65  "when the
 label element cannot be used". On longer forms (as pointed
 out by Paul) it is perfectly possible to use visible labels,
 so H65 does not qualify. Still, there are contexts where H65
 will meet SC 3.3.2 so the reference should stay in place.

 wrote:

 >> I agree. h65 is valid but doesn't let you meet
 3.3.2 by itself.

 >> On Jun 11, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
 wrote:

 >>> We need to consider removing the reference to
 SC 3.3.2 from H65.

 --
 Christophe Strobbe
 Akademischer Mitarbeiter

 “It is possible to make a living making free software for
 freedom
 instead of closed-source proprietary malware for cops.”
 Jacob Appelbaum,
 <http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/12/28/jacob-appelbaum-on-resisting-the-surveillance-state/>