Re: SC failure for using pixel font size

Hi,

On 16/07/2014 18:58, Aurélien Levy wrote:
> I have others questions like the one last week about opening new
> window without prior notice for the working group members.
>
> I will do each one on a separate thread for more clarity.
>
> Do you consider using pixel font size for text in a  as a WCAG success
> criteria failure ? (example :

If memory serves, pixel-based font sizes were an issue in some browsers
(esp. "the browser of Christmas past") that could only enlarge content
through a "resize text" function that treated pixels as an absolute unit
and therefore did not resize text with a pixel-based size. Later, many
browsers introduced zooming, which also worked for text with pixel-based
sizes. For example, Internet Explorer 9 did (does?) not resize text size
in pixels, but zooming works perfectly well:
<http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/201010/ie_9_does_not_resize_text_sized_in_pixels/>.

SC 1.4.4 does not say it cannot be met through zooming.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).