Re: Review points for Understanding and Techniques

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Michael,
> I believe H93 and H94 are out of place. They are not HTML techniques but
> are evaluation techniques and must be listed under Failure techniques.
> All HTML techniques explain how an element / attribute should be used to
>  meet an SC and are positive like: Do this ... to accomplish this.
> But H93 and H94 are: Do not do this else you will fail ...
> Thanks,
> Sailesh Panchang
> Web Accessibility Services Lead
> www.deque.com
>
>  ================================
Response from the Working Group
================================
We agree that it would have been possible to cast H93 and H94 as failures
instead of as techniques. However, we disagree with your assessment that
they are not HTML techniques, and we believe it is clear how to apply them
to satisfy SC 4.1.1. We don't think the benefit of recasting them as
failures justifies the work involved or the confusion that would result from
moving this information from techniques to failures.

Loretta Guarino Reid, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Gregg Vanderheiden, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Michael Cooper, WCAG WG Staff Contact

On behalf of the WCAG Working Group