Fwd: W3C style sheet fix (needed for WCAG conformance pages)

I may bring some issues concerning the elderly WCAG conformance pages [a] to your attention again, still recommending their correction.

I may also note that I am generally worried about the fact that quite a few easy-to-fix issues appear to be ignored anyway (like [b] and [c] as well) which does “not really” encourage to give feedback to W3C documents in general or WAI output in specific.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:07:32 +0100
Von: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Betreff: W3C style sheet fix (needed for WCAG conformance pages)

Can anybody please fix the WAI default style sheet [1]? It uses an unclosed comment which makes it invalid [2,3] (also revealing a W3C CSS validator
problem) and causes all rules to be ignored (see [4], the bottom copyright
note should be in smaller size).

Next, please check and correct at least the style sheet snippets of the four WCAG conformance pages [5-8], too, since they use

 * per se unnecessary rules (e.g., the "navbar" and "checkpoint" classes which are used nowhere in these documents);
 * redundant rules ([6-8]: "p.copyright" is already defined in the external stylesheet, but it's "commented" - see prose above);
 * inelegant syntax (you should group selectors "h1" to "h3", if you'd need them at all which is not the case, either).

The markup itself would like to get cured, too, but that's something for the next chapter (or just take a look at the already simplified German versions of the document ([4] and friends).

<snip />

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/style/default.css
[2]
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.w3.org/WAI/style/default.css&usermedium=all