RE: Conformance, Aggregation and Captions Survey for 12 April 2007

Yes it's a weird new world where web content is actually an authoring tool
to make other web content. its like that old mirror trick where you look
into a mirror with a mirror and it never ends.

It brings us up against a philosophical decision that we have not dealt
with. "What happens when the web content is actually an authoring tool?" Do
we farm it out to ATAG, or do we deal with it in WCAG. Whether or not it is
under ATAG or WCAG, one thing I think is certain, the resulting output is
"content" and as such should be covered by WCAG. And "someone" has to be
responsible for it being accessible if there is a WCAG sticker or
conformance claim on the page containing it. I don't think that just saying
that the Chrome is compliant is not enough.

David MacDonald

access empowers people...

        ...barriers disable them...

www.eramp.com