	From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Gregg Vanderheiden
	Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:53 PM
	To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
	Subject: Move Checklist out of Appendix

	In discussions between WCAG Editors and EO representative - we
discussed moving the Checklist and the Mapping out of the appendix.

	The Mapping would be moved so that it would not be locked in the
guidelines and could be updated as new techniques or better mappings are
developed in the future.

	On the call today the working group concurred with this view.

	RE the Checklist

	-          Now that we have the quick reference -

	-          And because the guidelines are only guidelines and SC

	The checklist is basically redundant.  It is no shorter than the
normative section of the guidelines and it is less useful than the Quick
Reference.   Any checklist should also really allow note taking and be more
of a tool.

	We are therefore thinking of removing the checklist from the
appendix - and implementing any checklists as developer or evaluation
resources in conjunction with EO or ERT groups.

	Anything we should be thinking about counter to this?

	Gregg

	Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
	Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
	Director - Trace R & D Center
	University of Wisconsin-Madison
	<http://trace.wisc.edu/ <http://trace.wisc.edu/> > FAX 608/262-8848

	The Player for my DSS sound file is at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b