    Da: "Paul Walsh"<paul.walsh@segalamtest.com>
    Inviato: 05/11/05 18.11.49
    A: "'Roberto Castaldo'"<r.castaldo@iol.it>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: Validity

    Firstly, why do you amongst others, feel that the only testable
    guidelines are those that are done using tools?

    We certify sites every week and if we were to failed them as a result of
    invalid code, the vast majority of them would fail - even though they
    meet all Double-A and two checkpoints in Treble-AAA. I hope you're not
    trying to tell me that these sites should fail the basic level of
    accessibility just because they contain invalid code? If you are, then
    you don't live in the real world. I will reiterate, introducing validity
    to the lowest level of conformance (whilst ignore the fact that a site
    can be accessible) will alienate people from using the WAI, me included.

    What's important in all of this is that machine readable labels can
    cover guidelines that aren't necessarily categorised, so users can
    choose the most important ones for their requirements.

    Please refrain from telling me to stop using a specific reason for my
    side of the argument. I've seen this debate go on for long enough and am
    aware that it has been used. Common sense tells me that if a site meets
    Double-A standards and is very user friendly, you can't fail it just
    because the code doesn't pass a test using a tool.

    Kind regards,
    Paul
    Segala