RE: Validity

Firstly, why do you amongst others, feel that the only testable
guidelines are those that are done using tools?

We certify sites every week and if we were to failed them as a result of
invalid code, the vast majority of them would fail - even though they
meet all Double-A and two checkpoints in Treble-AAA. I hope you're not
trying to tell me that these sites should fail the basic level of
accessibility just because they contain invalid code? If you are, then
you don't live in the real world. I will reiterate, introducing validity
to the lowest level of conformance (whilst ignore the fact that a site
can be accessible) will alienate people from using the WAI, me included.

What's important in all of this is that machine readable labels can
cover guidelines that aren't necessarily categorised, so users can
choose the most important ones for their requirements.

Please refrain from telling me to stop using a specific reason for my
side of the argument. I've seen this debate go on for long enough and am
aware that it has been used. Common sense tells me that if a site meets
Double-A standards and is very user friendly, you can't fail it just
because the code doesn't pass a test using a tool.

Kind regards,
Paul
Segala