From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jens Meiert
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 10:54
To: w3c-translators@w3.org; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: rscano@iwa-italy.org; ivan@w3.org
Subject: German translation of WCAG 1.0 Conformance pages (was: Re: WCAG
1.0 Conformance)

Sorry for cross-posting.

Once again: About 13 months ago (yes, it's been in pale 2003) Roberto
[1,2]
and me [3] (references include all relevant information) translated all
WAI
conformance pages into Italian and German, and nothing happened yet,
they
still ain't in use.

I meanwhile find it somewhat frustrating how this voluntary work is
treated
(thanks to Ivan that this is not the usual way translations are
handled). A
notification would be the least if the W3C or any WG dismisses the
translations.

Happy new year,
 Jens.

[1]