Re: summary of resolutions from last 2 days

Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

>Matt:
>    We're not in an application/xhtml+xml world while the 85% majority
>    browser chokes on it.
>
>Roberto:
>So we still in 1999 for this SC?

We will be in 1999 no matter what we do. So the next question is whether
we carry along all of the HTML producers who don't understand and get
them somewhere close to accessible, or leave them and all their content
behind.

>    Roberto:
>Our target should be web professional developement, not the amatorial ones: otherwise we don't need wcag 2.0 and we could stay with wcag 1.0.

Plenty of professional developers, who get paid lots of money from major
corporations specifically to write HTML, won't, can't, or don't know how
to validate. In fact, even among the more enlightened developers, it's
hard to find one who hasn't had a client who made them do something that
broke HTML validity.

It is misleading to say that validity for all content is a solved
problem. Maybe in a perfect world, but not in this one.

-