Re: summary of resolutions from last 2 days

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Joe Clark"<joeclark@joeclark.org>
    Inviato: 15/06/05 0.06.49
    A: "WAI-GL"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: summary of resolutions from last 2 days

    > About 4.1 rationale:
    >
    > "Current WYSIWYG and CMS tools do not necessarily generate valid code,
    > making it difficult or impossible for many authors to meet this SC. (We
    > cannot force authors to do manual coding to conform to WCAG.)"

    But we're more than happy to use crappy authoring tools as an excuse to
    permit further crappy markup. This is "until user agents" in drag, but
    it's *much worse*, since we've known what valid markup is since HTML was
    ratified in 1999.

    Do you have any idea how far ahead the standardistas are on this topic,
    and have been for four years? You're proposing to permit 1990s-era tag
    soup for the lifetime of WCAG 2.

    Do you even understand what you're doing? If you maintain invalid markup
    as a permitted option, CMSs will never be upgraded to produce valid code.
    You've given them an escape clause.

    Great sellout job there, colleagues.

Roberto:
Yes, this is a big problem. Think also that visual studio 2005 (as default) will produce valid xhtml 1.1 and other tool from Adobe will convert automatically all html generated pages - when saved - in xhtml.
And for "the others", every tool permit to integrate Tidy (tidy.sourceforge.net)