Re: [Techs] proposed definitions re: my May 11 WCAG TTF Action Item

Tim Boland wrote:

> My action item from the May 11 WCAG TTF teleconference was to propose
> definitions
> for terms "technology" and "techniques" used in the "Requirements for
> WCAG2.0
> Checklists and Techniques" Document [1].   In fulfillment of that
> action item:

Hi Tim,

Maybe we should think about what, in practical terms we want to include,
and make sure we have included that in the definition..
I am thinking of  xml, css, html, scripts, flash, flex, java, PDF and
the like.

what types did I forget?

> Proposed "technology" Definitions (identified as "technologydef"):
>
> technologydef1 - A definition from the WCAG2.0 Glossary [2] "a markup
> or programming
> language, application programming interface (API), or communication
> protocol".

I think this is the closest to what we mean  -does it include platforms
like Flash? Do we need to add something like  "technology platforms"

All the best
Lisa