Re: 3.1 comments

hello Lisa,

You wrote:
>A form that searches an on line dictionary can easy be provided by the user
>agent . (There is currently a free >firefox extension that will add a
>dictionary to your browser.)
>Similarly providing a spoken version  can typically be addressed by the
>user agent - such as text help or cloud >world -if -and it is an if-
>enough pronunciation  information is available.

Why should a form do it? Are you sure that user agents  will find all the
words used  in websites in dictionaries. Also when politics introduced them
an hour before?
Do you really believe language is dead??

And because Dutch is not a dead language, the Dutch language will also
change a bit in october.  A bit of grammar will change, some inclinations of
verbs will become different from now, some combinations of words will change
or words will be written differently from now.

For Dutch i never use a dictionary and will never do. I simply have the only
formal
"Woordenlijst Nederlandse taal" That is not a dictionary but only a list of
words that are formally permitted in Dutch language. This list ist obliged
to be used in education and public service.

Also an updated "Woordenlijst Nederlandse taal" will be published in
october. It will contain less words than the current one. Most simple word
combinations will be removed. Only a few examples with the entry word will
be given  to give the direction how to build word combinations and the
difficult combinations will be given.

Also Surinam  and Flemish words will be added to the list, but  Dutch words
that are not used often are removed from the list too. They still can be
used in texts.

This list is not online and online  Dutch dictionaries have spellings of
words that conflict with the formal Dutch spelling in this so called "Green
book".

i don't know if this is also in other languages.

Greetings from the Netherlands
Ineke van der Maat