RE: [Techs]Kurzweil 3000 and WYNN zebra strips

David, followed by a query from Joe Clark:
> I took the action item to find out if WYNN or Kurzweil 3000 have a
> feature to make zebra stripes on a table (alternate black on white,
> white on black, row to row.)

And that's important how?

JavaScript and/or CSS can do that. If you just want to highlight a row,
tr:hover will do it in non-braindead browsers.

We were actually talking about a Javascript/CSS technique to do this,
and the question of how such a technique might benefit people with
disabilities came up as we discussed which guideline/success criterion
the proposed technique might map to.

I wanted to know whether the K3000 or Wynn provided such a function,
figuring that if they did so it might be evidence that it benefits
people with certain learning disabilities (who are the principal useers
of those tools).

John

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director