  From: Lisa Seeman [mailto:lisa@ubaccess.com]
  Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 12:55 AM
  To: Gregg Vanderheiden; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Subject: Conformance Section with best practise proposal

  Firstly belted regrets for missing stuff for a while. I have been traveling.

  I think we need to add to the conformance section that: in many cases it is the best practices that will make content accessible. Best practices are so called because they are hard to test, not because they are unimportant to accessibility. Hence full accessibility at any level require using best practices.

   I am also proposing that  level 1 complete (or parallel conformance statement) should be available so that people can claim that they believe that they used best practices. Although not strictly testable it will be clear when this claim is blatant rubbish. We can even add sample tests.