RE: Re issue 330: proposed wording to replace "programmatically identified"

The exercise of replacing difficult terms such as "programmatically
determined" with the proposed definition led to some interesting
results.  In most cases it seemed to work well. However, in the case of
Guideline 3.2 L2 SC1, the experiment
yielded the following:
<include definition in success criterion>

1. Any extreme change of context is implemented in machine-readable form
(e.g., in markup, metadata, or a data model).

</include definition in success criterion>
I'm concerned that this doesn't indicate clearly enough the *result*
we're looking for: providing advance notice of extreme changes of
context and/or making it clear that users shouldn't be subject to
*involuntary* changes of context such as meta redirect/refresh (both of
which can be accomplished through valid HTML 4.01 markup or in metadata)

I don't have a proposal at this point, but it seems like  something we
need to work on.

John