Re: Conformance-logos

Hallo Yvette,

Thanks for your mail.

You wrote:

> If I have a page that conforms to WCAG level AA, I can both place a
> WCAG-AA-logo and state that the site is accessible for people with
visual
> impairments if I want to, can't I?

http://www.huberthueppe.de I tested the site in Bobby, but it fails
WCAG-AA, though the WCAG-AA-logo is in the site..

My concern is that accessibility logos will get an emty meaning (and
perhaps accessibility) when showed on pages that does not pass automatic
tests like Bobby or WAVE.

And writing a statement under a logo as: accessible for people with
visual impairments gives a certain explanation of the logo to people who
don't understand what the logos really mean. And that is still always
more than 85% of the visitors.

I even have seen a site of a web design company that claim their CMS
produces accessible site and you can chooce a site with A, AA or AAA
logo. Nowhere in the site is stated what this really means.
http://universum-online.de/barrierefrei/index.php?show=5
The company site is not valid and accessible at all, but who cares for
that? The WCAG? Even member-sites are not valid  (X)html and at least
WCAG-AA conform.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat