Re: action item: clarified definition of keyboard interface

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Cooper" <michaelc@watchfire.com>
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 6:53 PM
Subject: action item: clarified definition of keyboard interface

Here's a stab at a clarified definition of a keyboard interface:

"Keyboard interface":  On devices that do not have a built in keyboard,
there is usually an alternate method for entering text and/or a method
for
connecting a keyboard to the device.   Allowing control via the
"keyboard
interface" means that the content could be controlled through commands
issued from the optional keyboard or other discrete input device, or by
alternate entry methods that are capable of generating text as if a
keyboard
had been used.

Roberto:
IMHO, Keyboard interface is also the "standard" keyboard.
First I think we need to point the definition of "Interface", like the
one in Webopedia [1], "A boundary across which two independent systems
meet and act on or communicate with each other."

Roberto Scano
---
[1] http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/i/interface.html