RE: Audio description (was: New rewrite of Guideline 1.1 [action item])

> PhD's aside - what is top-posting?  I asked last time this
> was mentioned and did not get a response.  Actually, I was
> accused of the same and still have no clue.

it is web slang type thing

it means that you put your response to a message on top of the whole
message .

to "not top post" means you put your reply inline, following the text to
which you are replying.

For example if I had not read the thread, and had just opened your
email, I would not know what <quote>PHd aside</quote> refereed to,
unless I scrolled down, or read the whole email.

On the other hand if someone just opens this email, well, they still
won't now what PhD refers to, but they will understand that I am
explaining what top posting means.

(although they may not understand the answer)

Hence the checkpoint  explain your terms...

Keep well,

Lisa