RE: Audio description (was: New rewrite of Guideline 1.1 [action item])

Joe

I don't understand your comment.

Captions are an alternative and you don't watch a show with just the
captions.

Audio description is an alternative to the video portion.  And many blind
people do indeed watch shows with only the audio and audio descriptions.

It is not a complete alternative in most shows.  But then again captions
aren't either.  Captions don't include most intonation and much is lost.

Please explain what you mean by your comments below.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center