From: Jim Thatcher [mailto:jim@jimthatcher.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 5:31 PM
To: John M Slatin; 'Jens Meiert'; michaelc@watchfire.com
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: [techs] Acronyms and abbreviations

Modifying John's suggestion slightly, how about

- Provide the expansion of each acronym or abbreviation, in context or
in markup, the first time the acronym or abbreviation appears in any
form that users experience as a "page."

Substituting "expansion" for "full meaning;" the latter being way too
much. But "expansion" not usually applied to an abbreviation, is it?

Jim
Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.
Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.