Re: General Usability DetecVS tor

Time cannot be used as a reliable indicator of usability.

Firstly you will not get "times" that are nicely differentiated like 2mins vs 4mins

It will be more like 2.1 mins vs 2.25 mins.

Then there's the issues of when the task started, the level of verbosity of the participant
and level of success related to the completion of the task.

Finally, satisfaction plays a big part too. Just because a task takes a few extra seconds may not mean
that participants are any less satisfied with the effectiveness [their success] or efficiency [their effort] of the interface.
In fact those few extra seconds may indeed add to satisfaction in some cases and leave the participant
feeling that the interface is more usable.

So to answer your question you cannot differentiate [nor should you] accessibility and usability issues a priori.
The only way to know if issues are particular to the disabled is to test with those intended users.
That involves running a formal usability test.

Accessibility has a lot to do with the coding we use for web pages etc and that sadly is where it has
always lost traction with the wider commercial world. Until we make testing with real users the central theme then
accessibility will continue to reside in an esoteric, "not my problem" backwater as far as most corporations
are concerned.

Thanks,
Gordon.

There is a solution!"