Re: [wcag2] Layout tables

Jens Meiert wrote:

> I suggest to 'ban' tables for other than data purposes (since it's
> /never/
> necessary to 'use a table for layout'), and we should instead focus on
> how
> authors will cope with this and provide additional assistance in how
> to use
> e.g. CSS positioning mechanism (sort of 'WAI toolbox').

Can anyone explain to me what kind of  handicap layout tables are for
people using website with any technology we can imagine?

I agree that layout tables are markup errors. But I haven't been able to
find a single case when layout table are really a problem, if the author
include inside anchor and skip to content features. Maybe someone can
point out a real-life problem in using layout table.

By the way, I'm used to design table-less. But it seems to me rather
convenient for the designer (simpler coding), not really for the user.
I'd like to share this thinking with you. Thanks for any opinion.

Maurizio Boscarol