RE: [lexical (+ contextual) clarification] Re: proposal 3: checkpoint 3.3

I think that to some extent we should be recommending controlled use of
language - there happen to be ways language is used that are more, or less,
accessible.

Some of these are testable, and one of them is using common vocabulary.

(or

A proportion of such methodologies facilitate, by their essential nature,
verification with respect to their instantiation or otherwise in a given
example of discourse, amongst which one finds the eschewing of
sesquipedalianism and related rhetorical flourishes traversing the bounds of
quotidian usage.

:-)

I have argued for some time that the techniques or success criteria for this
will vary by language - common vocabularies of Japanese used at a simple
level are not the same as the french equivalent vocabulary.

One source of information in europe might be found through Inclusion Europe,
a collective of european groups representing the needs of people with
cognitive disabilities. More information and links to resources including
member sites in about 25 languages are available from their website
http://www.inclusion-europe.org - unfortunately I am not capable of reading
all the relevant languages to search for particular information in each
language.

I would also note that a base vocabulary in US engliah is likely to be
different from a base vocabulary in Australian english, and some terms differ
according to region in Australia (bathing costume and corner store are not
terms used in Australia much, and their equivalents are different in
different states, to give two simple examples).

cheers

Chaals