From: Chris Ridpath [mailto:chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 10:38 AM
To: gv@trace.wisc.edu; 'Charles McCathieNevile'
Cc: 'WAI GL'
Subject: Re: [#293] Summary for tables

> But in general, notifying people that you didn't do something should
> not be equivalent to doing it.

Yes, I agree. I'd just like to make sure that we allow the author
maximum flexibility.

Here are some common examples where notification is used to override the
current guidelines:

* A link that opens a popup window, notifies the user.

* A video presentation that flashes warns the user pre linking and at
the start of the page.

* Notification of specific requirements for access to controlled
intranets. (e.g. Jaws 4 is required for our internal site. If you have a
lower version of Jaws then ask the I.T. dept. for an upgrade).

I think you must make an effort to comply before the notification.

Chris