Re: [#293] Summary for tables

> But in general, notifying people that you didn't do something should
> not be equivalent to doing it.

Yes, I agree. I'd just like to make sure that we allow the author maximum
flexibility.

Here are some common examples where notification is used to override the
current guidelines:

* A link that opens a popup window, notifies the user.

* A video presentation that flashes warns the user pre linking and at the
start of the page.

* Notification of specific requirements for access to controlled intranets.
(e.g. Jaws 4 is required for our internal site. If you have a lower version
of Jaws then ask the I.T. dept. for an upgrade).

I think you must make an effort to comply before the notification.

Chris