Re: [html-techs] New HTML Techniques for WCAG 2.0 *rough* draft

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 5:17 AM
Subject: [html-techs] New HTML Techniques for WCAG 2.0 *rough* draft

> Open issues:
> 1. Many of the "checklist items" are not true or false statements.  For
> example, "Use the ADDRESS element to define a page's author"  is not a
true
> or false statement.  However, "The TITLE element describes the document."
> is a true or false statement. Ben provided a list of HTML Techs Checklist
> Items as T/F statements [2] that need to be incorporated into this
> draft.  I mocked up one technique using one of the statements from Ben's
> post. [3]

I think we need to use T/F and add also a N/A (Not available).
In the case of ADDRESS element, this is not a real need to add the page's
author (some companies, for eg., prefer that the page author is add inside
the code as a meta tag instead of a "public view".

> 2. There are several open issues listed at "Issue tracking for WCAG 2.0
> Techniques for HTML/ XHTML" [4]

Ok... for this week-end there is something to do :)

> 3. There is still clean-up that needs to be done (broken links, css
warnings)

I've clean the CSS. It is avaliable at:
http://www.robertoscano.info/works/w3c/techniques.css

The full page is available as test at:
http://www.robertoscano.info/works/w3c/WD-HTMLTECH-20030711.html

I see that you use "charset=UTF-8" that give problems with charset in IE in
Italian (eg: the copyright symbol, etc. Why not use "iso-8859-1"?

I've try it in this page:
http://www.robertoscano.info/works/w3c/WD-HTMLTECH-20030711-iso-8859-1.html

The page could be covered as a XHTML 1.0 Strict if the editors remove the:
<ol type="1">
We need to start to use "Strict" to involve people to use it and for a full
compatibility ;-)

> 4. Notice the many "@@" that indicate lack of content (usually a missing
> example or description of an example).

I will prepare an example for the layout table...

> 5. Links to references need to be standardized so that a reference to an
> external document points to a reference at the end of the document which
> then links to the external resource.

Can i work in the HTML or is possible to have the "source"?

These my two cents ;-)

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org