[techs] Techniques conference call postponed

We only had a couple people on the call for this morning so we decided to
postpone the agenda for this week. I apologize for confusion I may have
created in putting the wrong date in my notification email and also for
sending it around so late. Also, a number of people seem to be at the
meeting in Washington. 

One primary agenda item for today was to review the changes to the
Requirements document [1]that came from last week's Wednesday [2] and
Thursday [3] teleconferences. The group on Thursday suggested a few changes
and wanted to let the document sit for a week before deciding whether to
make it public by publishing it as a draft to TR. Please review the current
document and if you have any comments that would affect that decision, send
them to the list.

We talked briefly about the timeline as well. I propose that once we get
approval to publish the Requirements as a public draft, we turn our energy
to developing HTML and Core Techniques; this means we will need to develop
the schema as well. This can be our goal for the rest of January and
February. At the March face-to-face we will review issues that have come up
and possibly adjust the Requirements to accommodate things we didn't think
of until playing with real documents. We should plan to solidify the
Requirements and the Schema as soon as possible after the March meeting and
begin work on multiple technology-specific documents in late March and
beyond. Please send any comments about this timeline to the list.


[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/sources/wd-wcag2-tech-req.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2003/01/15-minutes.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2003/01/16-minutes.html

Michael Cooper
Accessibility Project Manager
1 Hines Rd
Kanata, ON  K2K 3C7
+1 613 599 3888 x4019

Received on Wednesday, 22 January 2003 10:28:14 UTC