RE: 4.1 Alternate 2

  I think we should exclude any content that is not created or controlled
by the web site owners. For example, email archives, and customer
testimonials, quotes - but I think the concept of "review" takes that into
consideration. - we could clarified this in the preamble.

However in terms of legacy pages the burden of  reediting old work holds
true for valid markup, unique decodable, and dependent technologies. All of
these guidelines can be completely impractical to retrofit on fast amount
of problematic pages. Most  WCAG 01 Single A compliant sites are written in
invalid HTML. Many would have to be pulled down and redone from scratch to
compile to WCAG 02 A.  Perhaps it makes more sense for people could conform
to WCAG 01 for their legacy pages and WCAG 02 for new content.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web