Re: FW: Checkpoint 1.2 - handling comments

Charles McCathieNevile writes:

 > I propose that for this checkpoint the qualification be removed. Whether
 > soeone has the money to provide captions and descritions (and therefore
 > actually does it) is entirely a matter for policy makers to determine.

I agree. It is not the purpose of the guidelines to try to balance
competing policy considerations, which, in any event, will vary
significantly according to context. A policy setter can, if necessary,
opt to exclude certain multimedia presentations from the scope of any
policy requiring conformance to the guidelines, a point that was made,
and indeed accepted by the working group at a meeting several weeks
ago.