RE: WCAG conformance profiles (no plain text)

my two cents:

Meta data is the way to go, if people can not write meta data, a simple
online  form can be made to help the author it. (I will volunteer  if
necessary)

Meta data allows for meta data searches, so that users can find the content
that they can use....
But, different users have different requirements -  if I am colorblind, I
care about the perceivablity a lot more then if  alt tags are filled in.
So searchers and categorization should be supported at a checkpoint level,
and even a known technique level
In other words meta data should specified conformance at:
 *   an overall level (as with EARL)
 *   checkpoint level,
 *   and at a known techniques level
This is not so difficult - we just need a URI for each technique and
checkpoint

I am not suggesting that authors have to stipulate every checkpoint, however
if some accessibility fetchers are supported beyond the overall conformance
level of the page, the author should be _able_ to tell the audience who need
it most.

I do not know if EARL support this, but I could not find it.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web