Re: WCAG conformance profiles (no plain text)

Al Gilman writes:

 > At 04:58 AM 2002-11-17, you wrote:
 >
 > >I think text and EARL should be the preferred methods of making
 > >claims.
 >
 > You should strike 'text' from that list.  In its place a
 > literate-programming binding of the EARL model for ease of reading is very
 > strongly suggested in this case, or better yet three of these.

While I agree with Al in principle, I would also expect resistance
from those who aren't competent in the use of metadata, or who have
the concerns of such authors in mind. As a result we will probably
have to allow textual claims as is customary, though continuing to
emphasize the advantages of Earl. A set of supplied Earl to XHTML/SVG
etc., XSLT transformations would help to ease the transition, too.