Re: Comment on WCAG 2.0: Scaling and stylizing text

In my understanding it would not pass the requirement - the content is
intimately tied to its presentation either as a bitmap or as an attribute
value. (I don't think it is very clear in the current draft that an attribute
value is not an acceptable substitute for real content, nor why. But i think
this is a matter of refining the success criteria rather than a fundamental
change to the checkpoint).

Cheers

Chaals

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Jon Gunderson wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>
>> Jon,
>>
>> I think this issue is covered by checkpoint 1.3 Make all content and
>> structure available independently of presentation. [1]  Do you feel that
>> this checkpoint and its success criteria are not strong enough?
>
>JRG: I feel that this is not the checkpoint for this issue.  I think using
>technologies that all the user to stylize text is a different issue than
>separating content from structure.  I could use an image (with alt text)
>to stylize text and enclose the image in a H1 element to indicate that the
>element was a header.  Are you saying that this would not pass the test
>for 1.3?
>
>Jon

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22